We’re big believers in the WordPress software, and because of that we often help practices transition their medical website from their existing platform to WordPress. Whether your existing website is on another CMS or not on a CMS at all, I’ll dive into the top reasons why you should convert to WordPress:
1) Easy to use: WordPress is extremely easy to use. You can add pages and post articles with the help of a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) tool. This functions similarly to a Word document, so there’s not need to mess with a page’s HTML at all (but you can if you’d like). You can even drag and drop photos you’d like to include on a given page,
2) Frequently updated: WordPress is an open-source software, and like any other software, it needs to be updated. All of the themes and plugins are improved and updated frequently, and you’re notified if there is an update available.
3) Custom or template designs: You have the ability to implement a custom design on your website or a template design. WordPress has many different cheap templates available, so you don’t have to ‘break the bank’ for a totally custom website.
4) Plugins: Arguably one of the coolest things about WordPress is its plugins. They’re all free and they serve a variety of purposes. You can use plugins for photo galleries, rotating banners, social media integration, spam protection, RSS feeds, SEO, video integration and more. Best of all, the plugins are free!
5) SEO: Last, but certainly not least, is the SEO benefit you get by using WordPress. As mentioned in #4, there are SEO plugins available to help you optimize everything from the title tag to the alt text. There are also plugins that automatically generate and update XML sitemaps for your website. Sites that convert to WordPress typically see search engine ranking improvements because the software is so search engine friendly.
One thing I didn’t even mention here is the blog. WordPress is a blogging software, so it would be foolish to build your site on it and not utilize a blog. So if you’re thinking about utilizing a WordPress blog, why not just convert your entire website to WordPress? It’ll save you time and money, and you’ll likely see higher search engine rankings and more traffic to your website.
If you have any questions about WordPress or converting your website to WordPress please leave us a note here. You can also call TRBO Medical directly at 877-673-7096 x2.