Every aesthetic or medical practice should be aiming to generate more reviews. With more reviews, your practice has more credibility, more social proof, and can potentially even improve its SEO.
However, generating reviews is easier said than done. In this article, I’ve outlined a few things to keep in mind as you get started.
To keep it simple, focus on the three “A’s”…
- Ask: the first step is asking. You have to be proactive. Get in front of patients at the right time (when they are happiest) using the right device (likely text message). One key piece that many aesthetic practices overlook in step 1 is setting expectations. Make sure you kindly remind patients that you’ll be sending a text or email asking for a review and that you would greatly appreciate their feedback.
- Automate: step 1 is important, but that’s a lot of work to do manually. This is why leveraging a software to automate this work is crucial. You want to establish a trigger within your CRM or review-generation software based on when the patient is “checking out” so they are quickly followed up with at a time when they are happiest.
- Abbreviate or shorten the number of clicks necessary to leave a review. You’ve got the process and the software down; great. The only other key component to streamline review-generation is simplicity. Don’t create too many steps to leave a review. Ideally, 1-2 clicks/taps and they’re done!
Don’t Be Scared of Reviews that Aren’t 5 Stars
As I’ve alluded to in previous articles, you do not want only 5 star reviews. Why? The Spiegel Research Center found that consumer purchase likelihood peaked between 4.0 and 4.7 stars but declined when you entered the 4.8 to 5 star review range.
This makes sense if you think about it. Nothing but 5 star reviews seems fake.
Furthermore, some of your harshest critics could turn into your biggest advocates. This may seem far-fetched to some, but most consumers just want to be heard, and if you’re able to blow them away with your response, at worst you have a patient who’s problem has been alleviated (if not solved) and you the opportunity to tighten up your processes/customer service that upset the patient in the first place, and at best you have a new brand advocate.
Convert Reviewers into Referrers
You’ve successfully generated a new review! Great, but don’t stop there! You have the makings of a brand advocate and a referrer.
Don’t worry, it’s not complicated. You can actually follow a similar strategy that you did to generate the review to generate more patient referrals. Start with those who left a 5 star review and ensure you have a plan to get them back in the door. That’s step 1. Here are a few additional steps to take:
- Mail these reviewers a hand-written thank-you note asking for referrals
- Create a VIP club with big discounts off of products and services, which you can leverage for referrals
- Segment them into a unique list or group in your email database, which you can leverage for referrals
- Promote events (once safe) where VIPs can get additional discounts for bringing a friend
Do You Run a Plastic Surgery Practice, Med Spa, Dermatology, or other Cash-Based Practice and Are Looking to Generate More Reviews and Step Up Your Digital Marketing and Advertising?
Turbo can help take stock of your existing efforts and map out a game plan to help you grow. If you would like to speak to one of our aesthetic marketing specialists here at Turbo Medical Marketing, then drop us a note here. You can also reach Turbo directly at 877-673-7096 x2.